PACT Act PASSES!! - Largest Health Care and Benefit Expansion in VA History
The PACT Act is perhaps the largest health care and benefit expansion in VA history. The full name of the law is The Sergeant First Class (SFC) Heath Robinson Honoring our Promise to Address Comprehensive Toxics (PACT) Act.
The PACT Act will bring these changes:
- Expands and extends eligibility for VA health care for Veterans with toxic exposures and Veterans of the Vietnam, Gulf War, and post-9/11 eras.
- Adds more than 20 new presumptive conditions for burn pits and other toxic exposures.
- Adds more presumptive-exposure locations for Agent Orange and radiation.
- Requires VA to provide a toxic exposure screening to every Veteran enrolled in VA health care.
- Helps us improve research, staff education, and treatment related to toxic exposures.
If you’re a Veteran or survivor, you can file claims now to apply for PACT Act-related benefits. For more VA information click here.