- Members of the Aberdeen-Edgewood Silver Chapter welcomed a new member of their leadership team. Pictured are Chapter President CW5 Wally Edwards swearing in Chapter Secretary CW3 Rena Crockett.
- Above The Best Silver Chapter President CW5 (Ret) Russell Smith presented CW5 (Ret) Bob Cooper with a USAWOA lapel pin, honoring his 50 years of amazing, dedicated service, as a member of USAWOA.
- Above The Best Silver Chapter President CW5 (Ret) Russell Smith accepted a beautiful print of the oil painting, “End Of The Patrol” (circa 1970, Nhatrang, Vietnam). Presenting it was the artist, CWO (Ret) Fred Draper. He also sent one to National Executive Director CW4 (Ret) Jack Du Teil, who plans to have it framed, and loan it to USAWOA national headquarters, where it will be prominently displayed.
- The Crossroads Chapter was out in force to support the RC-WOCS class 22-001 with their civilian-military project. The candidate class organized a great 5K fundraiser, the weather was excellent, and one of the chapter members (CW2 Cheyenne Grogan) came in first place! Pictured left to right are CW3 Chris Welch, CW4 Todd Brandman, CW2 Grogan, CW2 Jamie Vogl, CW3 (Ret) Jason Compton, and CW4 David Ploog.
- The Keystone Chapter welcomed its new president! Pictured left, outgoing President CW4 Louise Lingenfelser swore in CW2 Valerie Sanford, congratulating her and stating, “I am looking forward to seeing where you and your team take the chapter!”
- On Memorial Day, The Lord Fairfax Silver Chapter’s CW5 (Ret) Ron McLendon and CW5 Alana Kolcun laid a USAWOA wreath at the Women’s Memorial, Arlington National Cemetery. Women In Military Service To America (WIMSA) President CW5 (Ret) Phyllis Wilson (the event master of ceremonies) and USAWOA National Executive Director CW4 (Ret) Jack Du Teil were also in attendance.
- The Northwest Silver Chapter came out in force to support the Wear Blue: Run To Remember. Pictured at center, Chapter President Mikie Brown
gave Wear Blue volunteer Rachel Elizalde-Powell a check for $1,000.
- The Redstone Arsenal Silver Chapter was back at it again, building wheelchair ramps in its community. If you happen to be in their neck of the woods from 15 to 18 September, be sure to stop by and help them celebrate Oktoberfest, at Redstone Arsenal!